Non-magnetic oven MMTD24 (Magnetic Measurements)
Installed: November 2016.
A 24 sample Thermal Demagnetizer with 2 cooling rates for palaeomagnetism and palaeointensity research
- Robust ceramic oven element and virtually unbreakable non-magnetic sample holder for long trouble free operation.
- Simple but sophisticated programmable Heat/Hold/Cool cycle, no need to manually move hot samples from a heating to a cooling chamber.
- Sophisticated proportional temperature control with power indicator (not ON/OFF controller).
- Internal calibrated solenoid for creating TRM s. Ideal for ‘double heating’ Thellier experiments.
- 4 layer Mu-metal shields with our special electronic activation to improve degaussing and performance. Samples always in a near zero magnetic field less than 10nT.
- Ultra low thermal gradients, Maximum deviation 8 deg C at 500 deg C over full load of samples.
- Absolute temperature accuracy 1 deg C, resolution 0.1 deg C, maximum temperature 800 deg C. repeatability 0.1 deg C, ideal for Thellier experiments as well as conventional thermal demagnetisation.
- Optional extra MMTDVP 2 stage vacuum pump and fittings, vacuum quartz sample holder.
- Optional extra MMCCPSU constant current power supply for Thellier experiments, field on during both heating and cooling.
- Power consumption 2.7 KVA.
- Battery backup, If mains electricity fails the system remembers the programme sequence.
- Safety Features, no power to oven element when samples are inserted/removed, Software over temperature trip isolates oven and cools, mechanical over temperature trip cuts power to oven.